Joo Mak Korean Restaurant 주막

12:59 AM

Got to know about this place awhile back after seeing how delicious the food looks on a friend's instagram and..
Tadah! This place was immediately placed in the list of "I have to try it out!"
In a matter of days, Alicia and I decided to head down after school for early dinner.
Never would I have thought of going into Beauty World for food since I was always only in the area for Prata or Dim Sum.
Truly a good new food place found now within the area, yay!
The stall is run entirely by a Korean family 
and don't be surprise if a group of Korean businessman/ladies just walk into the place.
They know English so all's fine when it comes to the ordering of dishes.
The place might look small but considering it's location, it wasn't really packed even though we were down on a Friday night.

Since there were only the 2 of us, we couldn't order much and thank goodness we didn't.
They serve quite a large portion! (not that I'm complaining) that we couldn't finish.
Every meal came with 3 side dishes so this was pretty much how packed our table for 4 was just for the 2 of us fun-sized people.

After doing a tinge of research on the place, many reviewed saying that the 자장면 (Soybean Paste Noodle) was a must to order.
Since that was the case, we had to order and taste how good it was.
 Can I tell you how much I love the sauce of this?!
We wiped the sauce clean off the bowl.
The onion taste wasn't too strong (which is a plus point for me) and the cucumber just slightly freshens and sweetens the taste of it.
Its the kind of taste where I wanted to have more even though my tummy tells me not to.

The next dish we ordered was bbq beef (I think it was beef).
I wouldn't say it is extraordinary or anything but the portion was worth the price.
You know how those in kopitiams just dump a whole lot of vegetables below and cover the top with meat just to make it look really worth?
This was the opposite, the hotplate was just filled with meat. Most of it.

 Kimchi, Omelette and Beansprout.
Honestly speaking, I didn't know what was in the rest of the side dishes but happily had them anyway.
There's so much more on the menu that I would really love to try such as the pancake (which I saw was humongous), the BBQ stuff (the portion I saw too was super generous) and so much more but blame my small tummy and the fact that I'm not rich. 
I can't wait to find a time to head down again.
Probably being thick skin enough this time round to step a bit and speak that pathetic tinge of Korean greetings I learned last semester (and return most to the teacher) :P

144 Upper Bukit Timah Road, 04-01 Beauty World Centre
Singapore 588177
Daily: 11.30am - 3pm, 5pm - 2am 
Closed on Mondays: 11.30am - 3pm 
For dinner, I suggest a time after 530pm would be better as it wasn't open at 5 when I was there.

You Might Also Like

0 comments